Sunday, December 28, 2008

IRON BRIT!


Last week's post made reference to the daytime soap All My Children, which I have watched since I was in high school. (And no, I'm not going to tell you how long ago that was!) Of all the hot guys I have encountered on All My Children (for want of encountering them in reality), by far the hottest is my favorite character, Aidan Devane, played by Aiden Turner. Though I'm less than happy with the way Aiden has been shaving his chest hair for the last couple of years (if you could have seen him with the dusting of hair across his pecs that he originally had...YUM!), and I'm not crazy about the way the show has lately made him an embittered conspirator in a child-snatching, Aiden/Aidan remains at the number-one spot on my list of hotties in Pine Valley, PA. Aidan, in his proper form, is brave, resourceful, strong, and heroic. He rescues and protects women and sticks up for his friends. And...he's British. BRITISH, if you please! Since he's the nearest thing to a super-hero on daytime TV, I decided a while back that I would make him one. Enter and behold...IRON BRIT!

I actually sent the original artwork for this piece to Aiden Turner himself at ABC Studios in New York. Alas, he never wrote back. In the past, I have written to various daytime TV hunks and gotten signed pictures back, but I'm afraid I've not had the pleasure with Aiden. I don't even know if he's seen this. A shame, really. Still my appraisal of him has not changed. I hope the show will soon make him once again the hero he was meant to be. I hope they will give him a true love that will not break his heart so badly that he starts to behave like a villain. (I'm looking at you, Rebecca Budig as Greenlee Smythe!) And I still hope that someday he will grow back his bloody chest hair! In the meantime, here he is above in costume.

No comments: